Photo via: designertrapped.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Our current house has an unfinished basement that Ive spent many hours dreaming about renovating into a recreation room. A space where I had an office area, the kids had room to play, and we had space to spread out and watch television. Somewhere tucked away from the rest of the house so that I wouldnt be mortified every time someone popped by. You know, because we live in our living space and all. Which means its always cluttered, my laptop and notes are often sprawled all over the sofa and, because we have an open concept house, everyone gets a nice view of what we had for breakfast if Im not on top of the dishwasher thing. Which is why, after the awful news that our landlord is selling our house, I had to start thinking about what we needed in this next phase of our lives. We made a playroom out of one of the bedrooms upstars and I moved the boys in together. Thats worked moderately well except the boys need way more supervision than I can give when theyre upstairs and Im working in the living room. FASD is fun like that. And thats not likely to change much as they get older. So were looking for a space with a finished basement where I can create an office space, a play room, and a media/family room for all of us to hang out together. Since I live in a small town, the reality is, well take whats out there and make due but a girl can dream, right? [AdSense-B] Here are some of my favorite basement rec rooms that Im pinning away to my Family Room Board these days. (Seriously. What did we do before Pinterest?) I included shopping links (affiliate links…see our full disclosure here) to help you build a similar look. I tried to choose items that were close and the lowest cost when I looked for shopping links. Happy browsing. Love the greys, the navy feature wall and the use of space in this basement from Apartment Therapy sectional || basket || wall clock || plaid pillow || area rug || red chairs We already have a blue sofa. Hmmm, I can see this working for us. This color palette really brightens up what could be a very dark space. Plus, that craft space behind the sofa? Love. drum light || sofa (similar) || ottoman (similar)|| throw || rug || shelving unit How awesome is this open storage under the TV from Thrifty Decor Chick? I think even my guys could tidy up with this amount of storage. baskets || white shelving units || floating shelves Love these gorgeous built ins featured on Houzz. sectional || desk (similar) || desk chair || grey pillow || gold desk lamp || planters Maybe we can squeeze in a bar area like this one featured on Zillow. mercury glass bottles || tray || decorative leaf tray Great media seating area although I worry about how cold leather can get in a basement. Might need to get lots of throws 😉 leather sofa Love the dark ceiling and tin wall in this finished rec room on Houzz. sectional || chair with ottoman || yellow pillow || basket chair || rug || art (similar) Another great ceiling in a finished basement from Houzz. white sectional || red pillows || pool table Love the way they used the area under the stairs to build in the TV and storage at Board and Vellum. And we cant ignore those gorgeous built ins on the back wall, either. sectional || ottoman || rug (similar) || basket || The paint and accent colors make this basement living area from Beach House in the City so light and bright. Love it! sectional || ottoman || chaise || aqua throw || art (similar)|| blue pillows || coral pillows || lamp Are you inspired to remake your basement yet? Pin it to save it!
- Kitchen Table Stained and Stenciled I wish I could tell you all, that I found this table on a curb or it was bought at a garage sale, but nope this awful mess of a table is ours, and is the epitome of what a slippery slope looks like. It’s pretty embarrassing, and I’m ashamed to …
- Have you wondered what all the fuss is about when it comes to chalk paint? Heres a step by step DIY chalk paint tutorial that shows you how to pain furniture. It also shares our favorite parts of chalk paint, and why we would use it again. Have you tried chalk paint before?
- Do you want to redesign a room in your house but feel lost, knowing something is off but not knowing what it is? Are you constantly rearranging your furniture because it just doesnt seem to work quite right? For makeover designs that WOW, you need a plan that WORKS. Luckily, we have just the thing! Our FREE room planner.
- Aunt Peaches: How to Remove Candle Wax From Glass Containers. It works! I used it to remove wax from crystal candlesticks but instead of adding boiling water for 15 minutes, I just dipped a paper towel in the boiling water and held it against the wax on the candlestick. After 30 seconds, the wax came off! And there was no damage to the crystal.
- Before I show you my favorite pins this week, I wanted to share a few things with you. First of all, in 18 days, I will be on my way to Nicaragua! I absolutely cannot believe it, and I am so excited!! I hope you will follow me along on my trip. I cannot wait to share my stories with you. Secondly, I wanted to let you know that I guest posted over at 30DaysBlog yesterday as part of Mique’s “Funner in the Summer” series. I meant to tell you yesterday, but I forgot. The summer craft that I shared is something that my son, Luke, thought was a “blogworthy” craft. You can check it out here: Lastly, I wanted to let you know that later today I am going to share my Master Closet reveal! Woohoo!!! I am so excited! So be sure to come back later today and check it out! ******************************** Now for my favorite pins from this week! Enjoy!
- Teepee shelf Please contact us for $10 postage in Melbourne. Please be aware that this product may take 1 to 3 weeks to ship depending on order demand at that time. All of our shelves are handmade to order and we endeavour to have the product in your hands as quickly as possible. You can organise a rush order with us for an additional $25. This teepee shaped shelf/ shadow box is an original design from Ah Ah and is handmade from pine. This contemporary design is an amazing way to decorate your childs nursery or bedroom. It can be placed on the wall next to other shadow boxes or shelves and looks great with a garland or bunting draped across it. You can choose from 8 colours to suit the theme of your room. Bright mint, light mint, pink, white, pastel blue, pastel yellow, grey and black. Dimensions: Approximately 56 cm x 34 cm x 10 cm. Unit hangs simply by slipping the top of the triangle over a nail or screw. So easy to hang! You might also like to add 3M picture hanging velcro strips to avoid any further movement. All shelves are handmade and therefore may vary slightly. Feel free to contact us. We would love for you to follow us on Instagram @ahahonline.
- Pirate Treasure map,Pirate Treasure Map Print. This listing is for an instant download of one JPG file of this Artwork. You will not receive any physical product but instead will get one digital file of the print wich can be printed at home or by your favorite professional printer shop. Item details: High resolution 300 dpi JPG Size: 20 X 16 inch (50,8 X 40,6 cm) Please Note that the colors may vary slightly from what you see on screen,depending on the printing service chosen.Also,the final result highly depends on the print quality and paper used. Frame is for illustration and does not include. Your download will not include the Watermark either. 1. Once youwe purchased this listing you be redirected to the Download section 2. Download the file 3. Save&print it and then frame or gift it. Please Note,this is a digital download only. No physical product will be shipped. All Artwork has been created and design by Alex Printable Art. Please do not forward or share this image. It is for your personal use only. All right are reserved by Alex Printable Art. Due to the nature of this product, there are no refunds on this purchase. If you are unhappy with your purchase, please let me know and will make my best effort to help resolve any issues. Thank you very much for visiting my shop. Please check back, Im adding to the shop daily.
- First… let me apologize and just be straight with you… the post you’re looking for is no longer on my site. I’m so sorry, but I’ve tried to make At Charlotte’s House a lean mean DIY machine and unfortunately sometimes that means getting rid of some things. SO that’s the bad news. But here’s the …
- Confession time!!!!! I’ve been really bad lately about biting my nails this past month. It was what got me through the holidays! 😉 Those darn self-soothing habits. Ugh, I Know!!!! I almost didn’t want to do this shoot because of it, but my goal for this year is to keep it real with you guys. …
- Greet your guests this Fall with a cute and classy pumpkin! The pumpkin is painted orange with cream colored polka dots and adorned with a bronze deco mesh bow. It can be custom crafted to your liking by adding your Initial as shown, your family last name, or it can say something fun and sassy like, Happy Fall Yall. The choices are yours. Think polka dots, chevron print, etc. Even the paint and ribbon colors can be chosen by you…. The S in the first picture is chocolate brown. The N is black. Please specify your choice if you are purchasing an initial. Measures approx. 20-22 in height and 16 in width. This item is hand cut, sanded, painted and covered with a protective weatherproof coating… Please ask all questions before purchasing. Specify all custom choices in the note box when checking out. Thank you
- You know how you can buy unfinished things in Ikea. I dont mean the stuff that you have to assemble but furniture where the wood is bare and needs to be a painted or varnished. Well, I had one of these mini drawers chests which had sat in the back of my