Photo via: domino.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Our current house has an unfinished basement that Ive spent many hours dreaming about renovating into a recreation room. A space where I had an office area, the kids had room to play, and we had space to spread out and watch television. Somewhere tucked away from the rest of the house so that I wouldnt be mortified every time someone popped by. You know, because we live in our living space and all. Which means its always cluttered, my laptop and notes are often sprawled all over the sofa and, because we have an open concept house, everyone gets a nice view of what we had for breakfast if Im not on top of the dishwasher thing. Which is why, after the awful news that our landlord is selling our house, I had to start thinking about what we needed in this next phase of our lives. We made a playroom out of one of the bedrooms upstars and I moved the boys in together. Thats worked moderately well except the boys need way more supervision than I can give when theyre upstairs and Im working in the living room. FASD is fun like that. And thats not likely to change much as they get older. So were looking for a space with a finished basement where I can create an office space, a play room, and a media/family room for all of us to hang out together. Since I live in a small town, the reality is, well take whats out there and make due but a girl can dream, right? [AdSense-B] Here are some of my favorite basement rec rooms that Im pinning away to my Family Room Board these days. (Seriously. What did we do before Pinterest?) I included shopping links (affiliate links…see our full disclosure here) to help you build a similar look. I tried to choose items that were close and the lowest cost when I looked for shopping links. Happy browsing. Love the greys, the navy feature wall and the use of space in this basement from Apartment Therapy sectional || basket || wall clock || plaid pillow || area rug || red chairs We already have a blue sofa. Hmmm, I can see this working for us. This color palette really brightens up what could be a very dark space. Plus, that craft space behind the sofa? Love. drum light || sofa (similar) || ottoman (similar)|| throw || rug || shelving unit How awesome is this open storage under the TV from Thrifty Decor Chick? I think even my guys could tidy up with this amount of storage. baskets || white shelving units || floating shelves Love these gorgeous built ins featured on Houzz. sectional || desk (similar) || desk chair || grey pillow || gold desk lamp || planters Maybe we can squeeze in a bar area like this one featured on Zillow. mercury glass bottles || tray || decorative leaf tray Great media seating area although I worry about how cold leather can get in a basement. Might need to get lots of throws 😉 leather sofa Love the dark ceiling and tin wall in this finished rec room on Houzz. sectional || chair with ottoman || yellow pillow || basket chair || rug || art (similar) Another great ceiling in a finished basement from Houzz. white sectional || red pillows || pool table Love the way they used the area under the stairs to build in the TV and storage at Board and Vellum. And we cant ignore those gorgeous built ins on the back wall, either. sectional || ottoman || rug (similar) || basket || The paint and accent colors make this basement living area from Beach House in the City so light and bright. Love it! sectional || ottoman || chaise || aqua throw || art (similar)|| blue pillows || coral pillows || lamp Are you inspired to remake your basement yet? Pin it to save it!
- IKEA Hack- Latt Kids Table Makeover | A Shade Of Teal
- Ikea Shoe Storage turned faux Card Catalog! Great IKEA HACK and cheap alternative for the real deal.
- Mind blowing IKEA hack! You can save so much money if you know how to create your own built in using IKEA cabinets and shelves to create your own entertainment center in your family room.
- 49 Clever Storage Solutions For Living With Kids
- Make this DIY upcycled vintage typewriter table into a desk! The perfect addition to any kids room who needs a place to do homework!
- 10 DIY IDEAS FOR KIDS ROOM | Mommo Design
- DIY Starburst Mirror | Room Decor | Gift Ideas | Easy Crafts For Kids
- The most GORGEOUS girls room ideas on the internet! Every single one of these popular kids rooms is pin-worthy! from heatherednest.com
- Framed photographs can arranged on the wall above the sofa,coffee table, storage cabinets or fireplace mantel in your living room. Description from lushome.com.
- Diy, Dress, Kids, Letters, Recycled, Textile, Upcycled Decorative letters for the childs room made from recycled dresses can be hung or become beautiful cushions for childrens bed.
- This handmade, large floor pillow cover (featuring Sarah Jane Fabrics by Michael Miller) is the perfect amount of room for your little one to get comfortable and enjoy a good book or some relaxing alone time. Ideal for playrooms, nurseries, and kids spac