Photo via: premeditatedleftovers.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Our current house has an unfinished basement that Ive spent many hours dreaming about renovating into a recreation room. A space where I had an office area, the kids had room to play, and we had space to spread out and watch television. Somewhere tucked away from the rest of the house so that I wouldnt be mortified every time someone popped by. You know, because we live in our living space and all. Which means its always cluttered, my laptop and notes are often sprawled all over the sofa and, because we have an open concept house, everyone gets a nice view of what we had for breakfast if Im not on top of the dishwasher thing. Which is why, after the awful news that our landlord is selling our house, I had to start thinking about what we needed in this next phase of our lives. We made a playroom out of one of the bedrooms upstars and I moved the boys in together. Thats worked moderately well except the boys need way more supervision than I can give when theyre upstairs and Im working in the living room. FASD is fun like that. And thats not likely to change much as they get older. So were looking for a space with a finished basement where I can create an office space, a play room, and a media/family room for all of us to hang out together. Since I live in a small town, the reality is, well take whats out there and make due but a girl can dream, right? [AdSense-B] Here are some of my favorite basement rec rooms that Im pinning away to my Family Room Board these days. (Seriously. What did we do before Pinterest?) I included shopping links (affiliate links…see our full disclosure here) to help you build a similar look. I tried to choose items that were close and the lowest cost when I looked for shopping links. Happy browsing. Love the greys, the navy feature wall and the use of space in this basement from Apartment Therapy sectional || basket || wall clock || plaid pillow || area rug || red chairs We already have a blue sofa. Hmmm, I can see this working for us. This color palette really brightens up what could be a very dark space. Plus, that craft space behind the sofa? Love. drum light || sofa (similar) || ottoman (similar)|| throw || rug || shelving unit How awesome is this open storage under the TV from Thrifty Decor Chick? I think even my guys could tidy up with this amount of storage. baskets || white shelving units || floating shelves Love these gorgeous built ins featured on Houzz. sectional || desk (similar) || desk chair || grey pillow || gold desk lamp || planters Maybe we can squeeze in a bar area like this one featured on Zillow. mercury glass bottles || tray || decorative leaf tray Great media seating area although I worry about how cold leather can get in a basement. Might need to get lots of throws 😉 leather sofa Love the dark ceiling and tin wall in this finished rec room on Houzz. sectional || chair with ottoman || yellow pillow || basket chair || rug || art (similar) Another great ceiling in a finished basement from Houzz. white sectional || red pillows || pool table Love the way they used the area under the stairs to build in the TV and storage at Board and Vellum. And we cant ignore those gorgeous built ins on the back wall, either. sectional || ottoman || rug (similar) || basket || The paint and accent colors make this basement living area from Beach House in the City so light and bright. Love it! sectional || ottoman || chaise || aqua throw || art (similar)|| blue pillows || coral pillows || lamp Are you inspired to remake your basement yet? Pin it to save it!
- Cut-outs from the Dollar Store and a little paint is all that was needed to make this easy DIY artwork.
- Just when you think youve seen every terra cotta pot idea, someone does THIS!
- How to make a custom craft table using Ikea Kallax shelves and a tabletop. This is a DIY table that you can make for your craft room. An easy DIY craft tutorial idea.
- Love this idea! Can use items from the dollar store.
- Summer is pouring it on hot and heavy here in Indiana after a much extended and chilly spring. The spring flowers have all but disappeared and our summer flowers are on the verge of bursting into bloom, but not quite yet. I love filling all of the vases, pitchers, mason jars, and milk bottles in the house full of fresh flowers, when I can get them, but as you you can see, our summer flowers are teasing us. They are just about to burst into bloom, but I am impatient and have to find another alternative until they do! A couple of weeks ago I bought some flowers at the grocery store. They were pretty (a bit pricey) and filled the void for about a week. The next week my wonderful hubby pulled over on our way back from the youngest grandson’s t-ball game (watching 2-5 year olds play t-ball is hilarious btw!) and helped me pick wild flowers. They were gorgeous and smelled so good! They are gone now and I haven’t made it back to pick more. So this weekend I broke down and bought some artificial flowers. I know what you’re saying!! No way! Never! Not …
- This four season hand and fingerprint tree is a DIY keepsake craft and gift that kids can make. A unique handmade gift idea for Christmas, Mothers Day, Fathers Day or any other occasion. Learn how to make your own with the easy to follow tutorial. Make one with your kids today!
- These DIY Tailgate Party Coasters are easy to make and fun to add to your Super Bowl Party this February. Enjoy the game with this decor craft idea and simple tutorial.
- These 12 Dollar Store Decor Hacks are THE BEST! Im so glad I found these GREAT home decor ideas and tips! Now I have great ways to decorate my home a a budget and decorate on a dime! Definitely pinning!
- DIY Door Corner Shelf tutorial :: How to turn a door into a corner shelf. Such a neat idea for cool home decor!
- DIY Welcome Mat IKEA Hack is a great inexpensive idea for making your entryway look even better on a budget! Our tutorial is easy to follow and under $5!
- Make a glass marble tabletop with dollar store bags of glass gemstones & some resin