Photo via: porch.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- We have now added some shelving and I have been looking for some budget storage. Cheap, cute baskets can be hard to come by. So I racked my brain and came up with this wonderful substitute, turn boxes into baskets. This basket is made from an ordinary cardboard box, 4 ply jute, a hot glue gun, many glue sticks, and a whole lot of love.
- Summer is pouring it on hot and heavy here in Indiana after a much extended and chilly spring. The spring flowers have all but disappeared and our summer flowers are on the verge of bursting into bloom, but not quite yet. I love filling all of the vases, pitchers, mason jars, and milk bottles in the house full of fresh flowers, when I can get them, but as you you can see, our summer flowers are teasing us. They are just about to burst into bloom, but I am impatient and have to find another alternative until they do! A couple of weeks ago I bought some flowers at the grocery store. They were pretty (a bit pricey) and filled the void for about a week. The next week my wonderful hubby pulled over on our way back from the youngest grandson’s t-ball game (watching 2-5 year olds play t-ball is hilarious btw!) and helped me pick wild flowers. They were gorgeous and smelled so good! They are gone now and I haven’t made it back to pick more. So this weekend I broke down and bought some artificial flowers. I know what you’re saying!! No way! Never! Not …
- Our current house has an unfinished basement that Ive spent many hours dreaming about renovating into a recreation room. A space where I had an office area, the kids had room to play, and we had space to spread out and watch television. Somewhere tucked away from the rest of the house so that I wouldnt be mortified every time someone popped by. You know, because we live in our living space and all. Which means its always cluttered, my laptop and notes are often sprawled all over the sofa and, because we have an open concept house, everyone gets a nice view of what we had for breakfast if Im not on top of the dishwasher thing. Which is why, after the awful news that our landlord is selling our house, I had to start thinking about what we needed in this next phase of our lives. We made a playroom out of one of the bedrooms upstars and I moved the boys in together. Thats worked moderately well except the boys need way more supervision than I can give when theyre upstairs and Im working in the living room. FASD is fun like that. And thats not likely to change much as they get older. So were looking for a space with a finished basement where I can create an office space, a play room, and a media/family room for all of us to hang out together. Since I live in a small town, the reality is, well take whats out there and make due but a girl can dream, right? [AdSense-B] Here are some of my favorite basement rec rooms that Im pinning away to my Family Room Board these days. (Seriously. What did we do before Pinterest?) I included shopping links (affiliate links…see our full disclosure here) to help you build a similar look. I tried to choose items that were close and the lowest cost when I looked for shopping links. Happy browsing. Love the greys, the navy feature wall and the use of space in this basement from Apartment Therapy sectional || basket || wall clock || plaid pillow || area rug || red chairs We already have a blue sofa. Hmmm, I can see this working for us. This color palette really brightens up what could be a very dark space. Plus, that craft space behind the sofa? Love. drum light || sofa (similar) || ottoman (similar)|| throw || rug || shelving unit How awesome is this open storage under the TV from Thrifty Decor Chick? I think even my guys could tidy up with this amount of storage. baskets || white shelving units || floating shelves Love these gorgeous built ins featured on Houzz. sectional || desk (similar) || desk chair || grey pillow || gold desk lamp || planters Maybe we can squeeze in a bar area like this one featured on Zillow. mercury glass bottles || tray || decorative leaf tray Great media seating area although I worry about how cold leather can get in a basement. Might need to get lots of throws 😉 leather sofa Love the dark ceiling and tin wall in this finished rec room on Houzz. sectional || chair with ottoman || yellow pillow || basket chair || rug || art (similar) Another great ceiling in a finished basement from Houzz. white sectional || red pillows || pool table Love the way they used the area under the stairs to build in the TV and storage at Board and Vellum. And we cant ignore those gorgeous built ins on the back wall, either. sectional || ottoman || rug (similar) || basket || The paint and accent colors make this basement living area from Beach House in the City so light and bright. Love it! sectional || ottoman || chaise || aqua throw || art (similar)|| blue pillows || coral pillows || lamp Are you inspired to remake your basement yet? Pin it to save it!
- This DIY eucalyptus wreath was so simple to make and the soft colours will look beautiful hanging on our door all Summer long! | www.makingitinthemountains.com
- You wont believe how easy this Hot Air Balloon Summer Wreath is to make! Use your Cricut to cut out those 3D balloons to add a finishing touch.
- At the moment my son’s favorite movie is Monster’s Inc, so being that handprint and footprint crafts are one of his favorite activities we made some Monster’s Inc inspired art to go along with the movie! I’m by no means an artist, but Sully and Mike were pretty simple to make and depending on your child’s …
- Your Fourth of July decorations have never looked more fashionable. This Patriotic Necktie DIY Wreath is made of red, white and blue colored/patterned ties.
- well ladies, its another monday. and ive spent every day this week to find you some great finds. i was successful! so let see what ive found! this simple and unique bouquet is made from pink and purple playing cards, some wire and a few buttons. its very different and this can be used in…
- This How To Find Your Decorating Style workbook walks you through simple exercises to uncover your signature style. So cool and helpful! Now I have a clear understanding of what my style is and how to decorate to achieve my dream home. Click to read the post and get the workbook!
- My Mom Made That: Patriotic Pinwheel Wreath using Felt and burlap ribbon
- Learn how to organize a pantry. Great tips for how to organize a pantry so that you know where everything is at a glance, which makes this a popular pin!
- This DIY Leather and Wood Mail Organizer is so easy to make! Get the clutter off your cabinets with this simple leather and wood mail organizer!